Badminton Ontario requires the successful completion of the Enhanced Criminal Record Check for those coaches who apply for a 2019/2020 Badminton Ontario Coaching Card. This can now be completed online with Sterling Backcheck at a cost of $25.00 plus taxes (total $28.25). The PRCs will be valid for at least two years with Badminton Ontario before having to renew. Coaches still need to be at Regional Trained Status to apply for the BadOnt Coaching Card.
The PRC can be shared with other sports organizations that you may decide to be involved with in the future as Sterling Backcheck services many Canadian Sports Organizations. Badminton Canada is looking into Sterling Backcheck this year.
Registration Link: https://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca/landing-pages/b/badminton-ontario/
- You should arrive at the Sterling Backcheck Badminton Ontario Landing page
- Select your District from the drop down menu
- Create a new account (only done once)
- You will be asked to verify your account with your email address
- You will be asked to create security questions
- Upon completion of your account creation, you can then complete the PRC
- Payment is completed by redirection to Monaris.
- A receipt will be automatically created and sent to your email address
- The completed PRC will be kept in your online profile and only shared with organizations that you give permission to view.
- The PRC is completed within 24 hours and an email is sent to BadOnt and the coach when it is completed.
- Personal information is kept in your online profile, and organizations only can view the results.