Employment Term: Contract, Part-Time
Term: ASAP – May 18, 2023
Greenwood College School is seeking a badminton instructor for our program. The instructor is responsible for helping with team tryouts, helping with team selection, designing, and implementing practice plans, assisting with the delivery of practices and coaching games. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Athletics and must be able to attend all practices and games, including the Conference of Independent Schools Athletics Association (CISAA) championships.
The position requires flexibility in both hours and days of work. Hours will vary between 7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Monday – Friday.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Instructs and demonstrates age-appropriate skills and techniques necessary for individual and team improvement and achievement;
- Plans, sets-up and implements practices and games;
- Delivers appropriate coaching strategies for the age and stage requirements.
- Develops practice and game plans that align with Canada’s Sport For Life Long-term Athlete Development Framework;
- Emphasizes athletic principle, commitment, and wellbeing;
- Follows CISAA sport guidelines;
- Maintains a safe environment and facilities for athletes at all times;
- Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away games and ensures appropriate behaviour;
- Travels with athletes on the team bus both to and from games;
- Ensures proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment;
- Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of equipment and supplies;
- Maintains required paperwork;
- Communicates with co-coach, athletes, parents and Director of Athletics in a timely manner;
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with athletes, staff, parents and officials and resolves conflict in a professional manner;
- Represents the school and the Association in interactions with parents, community, staff and athletes professionally;
- Maintains appropriate certifications as required.
- Regional Certified or equivalent experience;
- 2+ years experience coaching at the high school or club level;
- CPR and First-Aid training;
- Experience in a school setting is an asset;
- Experience working independently;
- Highly organized with excellent judgement as well as clinical and problem-solving skills;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Vulnerable Sector Check
How to Apply
Greenwood is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for staff, students and families. We aim to embrace individuals whose differences include, but are not limited to: age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, and sexual orientation. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals, especially those who would bring diverse perspectives, identities and ideas to our community. Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities at all stages of the selection process.
Submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Melinda MacDonald, Manager, Human Resources, as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org using Badminton Instructor as the subject line.