Host an Event
Badminton continues to be a large growing sport in Ontario and worldwide for all ages. Whether it is a competitive, recreational, fundraiser, or social event, it is a great way to spend the day on the courts.
A few minimum facility requirements include:
- Ideally 30 feet ceiling clearance
- Dark wall colours in the Field of Play
- Minimum Field of Play lighting at 500 lux, 1000 lux is desirable
- No natural lighting from windows or ceiling; or the ability to block out natural light with coverings
- Ideally wood sprung floors; or Sport Court Mats with underlay floor tiling for shock/impact absorption
- Space clearance surrounding the courts
- Space to designate for the Draw Desk and Referee Station with a clear view of the Field of Play
- Space for the Athlete’s lounge and spectators
- Club staff or volunteer support
- Experienced Match Control person at the draw desk familiar with Tournament Planner Software
If you are interested in hosting a badminton tournament in your community or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.