Head Coach, Badminton – Athletics and Recreation – PT Admin – (23108)
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: Head Coach, Badminton
Status: Part time Administration
Hours: Max 24 hours/week
Faculty/Department: Athletics and Recreation
Campus/Location: North Campus (plus travel)
Salary: NFT Admin Band 4 (min) $32.17 (max) $48.25
What you will do:
The Department of Athletics and Recreation at Humber College is currently accepting applications for the part-time administrative position of Head Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Varsity Badminton teams.
The Head Coach reports to the Associate Director of Athletics and Recreation and they’re responsible for the development and coaching of both the Men’s and Women’s Badminton teams. The position involves all aspects of the program’s operation and administration, including (but not limited to) student-athlete recruitment; student-athlete and team development and measurement; selection, supervision direction and monitoring of appropriate program support personnel; and program planning, monitoring, and review
- Supervise, guide, and direct assistant coach(es);
- Plan, schedule and deliver an effective yearly training plan;
- Coordinate with the Athletic Department all requests for program related; expenditures and scheduling of exhibition travel
- Develop and implement an effective recruitment program to attract outstanding student-athletes;
- Responsible for compliance with all OCAA/CCAA policies and regulations concerning recruitment, financial aid and student-athlete eligibility;
- Work closely with team services to aid in student athlete academic and athletic success;
What you bring to the role:
Minimum of diploma in related field (degree preferred).
NCCP certification (preferred).
Skills and Experience
Minimum 3 years coaching experience (within a post secondary or club environment preferred).
Proven track record of developing a successful team;
G license (preferred); and
Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills.
What’s In it for you?
- An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
- Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
- Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
- Amazing perks
- Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Any potential applicant who has questions about the position, is more than welcome to reach out to:
Associate Director, Athletics and Recreation
416-675-6622 ext 4047
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://humber.taleo.net/careersection/athletics_recreation/jobdetail.ftl?job=23108&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York