Head Badminton Professional (Full time)
The Granite Club is looking to hire a Head Badminton Professional to oversee the total Badminton program and implement policies and procedures as agreed to by the Badminton Committee and approved by the Director of Athletics. To provide badminton programming for all levels, ages, and abilities, to run tournaments, coach teams, teach lessons and clinics ensuring a balance of competitive and social interaction opportunities for section members. To promote the game of Badminton to the Club membership.
Benefits of working for the Granite Club
- Healthy and delicious daily food offerings in our Staff Caf
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families
- Indoor parking for Employees
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- To provide quality programs using the program pathways.
- To teach or have fully qualified staff teach these programs as agreed upon with the Director of Athletics.
- Oversee the total badminton program and implement policies and procedures as agreed to by the Badminton Committee and approved by the Director of Athletics.
- Recommend to the Badminton Committee and Director of Athletics, programs that best suit the needs of the badminton section.
- Responsible for training, supervision, and performance of other staff relating to the badminton program, including professional, Contract Professionals, Racquets Coordinator, administrative, and Sports Desk staff.
- Prepare, where required, all necessary reports, submissions, and other administrative items as requested by management or badminton committee.
- To ensure Club rule pertaining to dress, court usage, etiquette, etc., are observed.
- Attend quarterly meetings of the section committee, giving guidance, support, and direction to the committee and causing to be carried out, mutually agreed upon procedures and programs.
- To be responsible and liaise with the Past Convener for filling Committee vacancies and provide nomination names for approval.
- Administer the submission of the Volunteer Document for Committee Members as well as utilizing the Committee Matrix for new Committee Members
- Work with the Assistant Badminton Professional and Director of Athletics in carrying out the administrative functions of the section.
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Coordinate and administer all aspects of league play, ladders, round robins, Club championships, and tournaments.
- Work with the Club Facilities department staff to ensure that the badminton courts and facilities are maintained in good condition.
- Assist the Social Chairman in planning Social Events.
- To attend and assist with section social functions as required.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and Business Controller to identify budget requirements and recommendations for the upcoming year.
- To ensure all storage areas, racquets lounge and badminton courts are kept to standard.
- Maintain a high level of communications with other clubs and the sport governing bodies.
- Review committee minutes, ensuring accuracy, production, and distribution.
- Provide a written annual report to management on all activities of the badminton section.
- Ensure that all trophies for events are ordered, engraved, and maintained as well as updating any section recognition boards.
- Monitor all Granite News deadlines and articles from Committee representatives, and to generate appropriate contributions ensuring proper promotion of the badminton program. Maintain the web-site information for badminton to be current and informative.
- Foster and maintain good relations between racquets staff and members as well as with other staff departments.
- Maintain current professional certification through participation in ongoing professional development, including first aid and C.P.R qualifications.
- Assist as required with the promotion of the Granite Gear operation.
- To be responsible for providing the Gold and Silver Crest recipients names for the annual Recognition Awards Dinner.
- Work with the Director of Athletics to ensure the delivery of safe facilities and a safe environment.
- Complete regular cost analysis on all programs.
- Know, understand, and enforce the House Rules and make recommendations for change as needed.
- NCCP Level 2 certification (or equivalent)
- Good communications, public relations and organizational skills, pleasant personality and cooperative nature.
- Computer proficiency
- Good Oral and written English skills
- Current First Aid /CPR certification
About the Granite Club
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada’s premier private Members’ family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
Apply at: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/graniteclub/Posting/View/2559