In partnership with the Technical Director of Programs, the Head Coach is responsible for the development, execution and delivery of FBC’s training programs for all ages and abilities. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure the lessons are appropriate for the skill levels of the participants and the effective delivery and implementation of the LTAD strategy to foster the growth and development of our participants and coaches.
FEDERATION OF BADMINTON HEAD COACH OPPORTUNITY
Position Title : Head Coach
Type : Annual Contract Organization: York District Badminton Association (registered as FBC)
Posting Date: May 1st, 2017 Application Deadline: May 31st, 2017 Please submit resumes along with cover letter to: President of The Federation of Badminton Clubs Attn: Pandy Chan Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Federation of Badminton Clubs (FBC) is registered under the Province of Ontario as a not-for-profit organization that develops and delivers grassroots programs to service the badminton community. FBC is managed by elected volunteer Board of Directors. Our mission is to build a sustainable structure under Badminton Ontario and to bring linkage between all Badminton Clubs. Our immediate mandate is to implement Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) programs utilizing our Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) (1) Grant. FBC also operates as the York District Badminton Association (YDBA).
Description of Position: In partnership with the Technical Director of Programs, the Head Coach is responsible for the development, execution and delivery of FBC’s training programs for all ages and abilities. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure the lessons are appropriate for the skill levels of the participants and the effective delivery and implementation of the LTAD strategy to foster the growth and development of our participants and coaches.
Youth training programs are anticipated to start in November (Sundays and possibility a couple of week nights, approx. 10 hours/week) with the possibility winter & summer camps. Mentoring instructors and development of youth badminton players to remain active within the sport throughout their lives are key components of the overall program.
• Executes FBC training programs under LTAD model – training programs for all ages & skill levels, including seniors program, and youth high performance training programs
• Strong technical background in the sport of badminton that meets the national/international standards • Leads group training lessons for junior athletes and adult programs
• Works directly with the Technical Director and other instructors
• Execute FBC Strategic Plan to certify NCCP instructors, in partnership with the Technical Director
• Manages aspects of junior coach development and evaluations, in partnership with the Technical Director • Provides leadership and mentorship to coaches and players
• Evaluates and provides feedback to student’s performances during lessons
• Adheres to FBC’s mandate as defined in the OTF Grant agreement • Assists Technical Director with developing policies, procedures and operating guidelines
• Actively promotes and supports all programs that are consistent with FBC’s mission and strategic plan
• Attends FBC meetings as needed Essential Qualifications:
• Minimum NCCP Level 1 certification • Experience in grassroots programs
• Thorough knowledge of the amateur sport system demonstrated through working experience with Provincial, National or Multi Sport Organizations • Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
• Must submit to Police Record/Screening Check
Other Attributes and Skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work with and engage youths
• Expertise and knowledge in conflict resolution
• Solid organizational, written and oral communication skills
• Able to travel to various training locations, meetings, events and tournaments throughout Ontario Salary : $30-$40 per hour (hours will depend on the number of programs implemented by FBC)
How to Apply:
• Candidates are required to submit a complete resume outlining their accomplishments and work experiences (covering a minimum of 2 years history)
(1) The Ontario Trillium Foundation is an agency of the Government of Ontario
Number of views (598)/Comments (0)
PLEASE LOGIN OR REGISTER TO POST COMMENTS.