Coach Accreditation Card
The Badminton Ontario coach accreditation card identifies coaches that have achieved the minimum standard in coaching, giving them access to coach on court at provincial and national level events in addition to other perks.
How to acquire a BON coach accreditation card?
To be eligible to purchase a BON coach accreditation card a coach must have completed the following:
- Have a Badminton Ontario membership
- Be a certified NCCP Regional level badminton coach
- Have a valid certificate from completing the Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders e-module
- Have completed a valid Police Record Check
Once the above are completed, you can purchase an accreditation card through PlayerWeb.
Benefits of purchasing a BON coach accreditation card
- Become part of a collective of Ontario coaches to advocate as a united voice for BON coaching
- Receive regular updates and coaching news via coaching newsletter
- Opportunity to coach on-court at provincial tournaments
- Eligible for annual coaching awards
- Eligible for selection of key coaching positions (for events like the Canada Winter Games)
- Participate in BON projects funded by the Sport Development Fund
- 15% off coaching courses hosted by BON
- Discounts on admission to certain national and international tournaments
How can I obtain a Police Record Check?
Badminton Ontario requires the successful completion of the Enhanced Criminal Record Check for those coaches who apply for a Badminton Ontario Coach Accreditation card. This can be completed online with Sterling Backcheck. The PRCs will be valid for two years with Badminton Ontario before having to renew.
Registration link: https://www.sterlingtaltensolutions.ca/landing-pages/b/badminton-ontario/
Coaches should allocate at least two weeks for their accreditation application to process. If a coach wishes to coach at a certain event, they should have all of the above mentioned requirements completed at least two weeks prior to the start of the tournament otherwise accreditation may not be issued.