During the COVID-19 state of emergency period, Badminton Ontario will be operating on reduced hours. If needed, please contact via email.
To use the calendar: type in the name or type of competition you would like compete in or attend, or use the menu at the right of the search bar to switch to list view and select from the filter choices at the left of the calendar.
- This event has passed.
Badminton @ Tokyo2020
July 24, 2021 - August 2, 2021
Schedule and Standings Update: https://www.badmintonontario.ca/tokyo-2020-canadian-olympian-schedules-and-standings/
A historic eight athletes have qualified for Team Canada based on their performances throughout the Olympic qualification period that officially ended June 15, 2021
TORONTO (June 16, 2021) – Badminton Canada and the Canadian Olympic Committee have announced Team Canada’s badminton contingent nominated to compete at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
A historic eight athletes have qualified for Team Canada based on their performances throughout the Olympic qualification period that officially ended June 15, 2021. With an athlete qualified in each event, Canada will be one of nine countries competing in all five.
Badminton will take place July 24 to August 2 (Day 1 to 10) at the Musashino Forest Sports Plaza.
The athletes and coaches nominated are:
- Rachel Honderich (Toronto, Ont.) – Women’s Doubles
- Jason Ho-Shue (Markham, Ont.) – Men’s Doubles
- Joshua Hurlburt-Yu (Scarborough, Ont.) – Mixed Doubles
- Michelle Li (Markham, Ont.) – Women’s Singles
- Kristen Tsai (Burnaby, B.C.) – Women’s Doubles
- Josephine Wu (Edmonton, Alta.) – Mixed Doubles
- Nyl Yakura (Pickering, Ont.) – Men’s Doubles
- Brian Yang (Richmond Hill, Ont.) – Men’s Singles
- Michael Butler (Saint John, N.B.) – Olympic Team Head Coach
- Jennifer Lee (Markham, Ont.) – Olympic Team Assistant Coach
Prior to being named to Team Canada, all nominations are subject to approval by the Canadian Olympic Committee’s Team Selection Committee following its receipt of nominations by all National Sport Organisations.
The original Badminton Canada News Release can be found here.