Badminton Ontario Updated Tournament Calendar for the Remainder of the 2021-2022 Competitions Season
Release: January 26, 2022
TORONTO – Badminton Ontario is looking forward to resuming tournaments. While cancelling the January 2022 tournaments was a tough but necessary decision, we thank everyone for understanding and patience. Working with the host clubs for the cancelled tournaments, we have been able to reschedule these events back into the calendar for the remainder of the season!
Please note the updated tournament calendar as outlined below; keeping in mind that the most up to date details will be found on our website should there be any further changes needed.
- February 19-20 – Jr #4a at Stratford Badminton Club
- February 26-27 – Jr #3b at Mandarin Badminton Club
- March 12-13 – Jr #3a at Mandarin Badminton Club
- March 19-20 – Jr #3c at Canada Elite Badminton Club
- April 2-3 – Jr #2b at Canada Elite Badminton Club
- April 8-10 – Masters Championship at Mandarin Badminton Club
- April 22-24 – Jr A Championship at Markham PanAm Centre
- April 29-May 1 – Jr C Championship at Humber College
- May 13-15 – Jr B Championship at Stratford Badminton Club
Additionally, the reference documents previously developed to help you understand how we will navigate through the competition season with added precautions has been updated as we adjust how we will deliver the tournaments. Please read the following resources thoroughly.
COVID-19 Resources and Policies (Amended January 2022):
- Competition Regulations for the 2021-2022 season
- COVID-19 Protocols for Badminton Ontario Sanctioned Events in the 2021-22 Competition Season
- Badminton Ontario Return to Play Plan, COVID-19 Guidelines for Hosting Provincial Events
We would like to highlight that the Enhanced proof of vaccination, and other requirements would continue to apply. Meaning that the Enhanced vaccination document with the government issued QR code for verification must be shown to verify; no other forms will be accepted moving forward. Download your Ontario Enhanced Vaccination Proof Document today!
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/get-proof/ or https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
Details and information may also be found on our website and in the tournament regulations.
Badminton Ontario will continue to provide updates as part of our commitment to a safe return to sport for all. Again, we value your patience and cooperation during these times.
Jean Wong, On behalf of the Competitions Committee