To help coaches cover the rising costs for organized sports, the Coaches Association of Ontario (CAO) and Hydro One have launched the 2023 Community Coaching Grant! To ensure young people can continue to enjoy their favourite sports, eligible coaches and organizations can apply to purchase tools they need to keep the costs of sport affordable, while keeping safety top of mind.
How much funding is available?
At least 32 grants of up to $1,000 CDN in funding per recipient.
Who can apply?
- Individual sport coaches in Ontario
- Open to coaches of all levels and contexts of sport in Ontario (i.e., community, competitive, high performance)
- Organizations in Ontario applying on behalf of a group of coaches within an organization directly benefitting from the funds
Examples of Eligible Expenses:
- Safety training (i.e., NCCP training, other safety focused training either eLearning or in-person, consultant/speaker delivering a workshop)
- New equipment for your team to replace outdated and unsafe equipment (i.e., replacing mats/nets/racquets/balls/sport specific equipment needed for safety purposes such as gloves, pads, helmets, etc.)
- Any other expenses that you can demonstrate directly contribute to safe sport environment
- Past expenses incurred PRIOR to acceptance, if applicable, are not eligible.
- Expenses must be incurred during the grant period of August 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024 and proof of purchase is required.
Application Deadline: June 25, 2023 @ 11:59pm EST.
For more information about the Community Coach Grant and full program guidelines, please visit the CAO’s website.