2023 Canada Winter Games Team Ontario Head Coach
Badminton Ontario (BON) is a non-profit provincial sports organization where dedicated volunteers and professional staff provide leadership in the growth and development of badminton for all Ontarians.
Badminton Ontario’s vision is to connect with all athletes participating in badminton in Ontario, inspire athletes to cherish badminton and establish it as their sport for life.
Badminton Ontario will be hiring a Team Ontario Head Coach for the 2023 Canada Winter Games program. The program is focused on development and competitive badminton athletes under the age of 23 yrs. old who are being introduced to the high-performance Games environment.
The successful candidate must be available to travel with Team Ontario to the Games hosted in Prince Edward Island from February 18 to March 5, 2023.
The duties of the Team Ontario Head Coach will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the Selection Tournament and any training camps leading up to the Games.
- Actively take part in the identification and selection of athletes for Team Ontario at the selection tournament and at various camps/competitions.
- Develop and implement a training program for the Training Camps.
- Assist the Team Manager to perform administrative duties as needed
- Be available to develop and manage the following events:
- Minimum of two Provincial Camps (Summer-Fall of 2022)
- Selection Tournament (Winter of 2022)
- Final Training Camp / Sparring Opportunity (First week of January 2023)
- Canada Winter Games (Feb 18, 2023 to Mar 5, 2023)
The Team Ontario Head Coach will report directly to the BON Director of High Performance and the BON Director of Coaching.
- Practical understanding of Badminton Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model
- Knowledge of international badminton standard for Team Ontario skill level
- Strong organization skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong leadership skills – ability to lead and inspire a team of young athletes
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure
- Experience working with top Provincial Level U19/U23 athletes
- Experience coaching in a team competition or multi-sport Games is an asset
- Minimum NCCP Competition Development (or Level 3) is required.
- NCCP Level 2 Coaches who are scheduled to take their Level 3 Certification will be considered.
The successful candidate will be compensated through an honorarium amount to be discussed during the interview process.
Coaches interested in applying for the Team Ontario CWG Head Coach Position should be aware of the following:
- Application deadline is May 31th, 2022
- Applicants must submit their resume, accompanied by a cover letter
- Cover letters should briefly explain why you are the ideal candidate
- Please send all required documents to the BON Director of High Performance at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “2023 CWG Team Ontario Head Coach”
Thank you for your interest and application, however, only potential candidates will be
contacted for an interview.