George Brown College invites applications for the part-time administrative contract position of Head Coach, Varsity Badminton. Click for more details.
Please see following PDF for more details. George Brown College - Head Coach Badminton FINAL.pdf
Reporting to the Manager Athletics & Recreation and working closely with the Coordinator of Varsity Badminton, the head coach is responsible for duties associated with the program such as athlete recruitment, and developing implementing and evaluating the technical and tactical curriculum, which prepares the student athletes for successful competition within the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA). This is a part-time contract opportunity which requires evening, weekend, and periodic weekday day time hours, depending on the competition schedule.
The candidate must possess values consistent with the standards of George Brown College in developing academically sound student athletes while establishing a competitive Varsity Badminton program.
General Aspects of the Program:
- George Brown competes within the OCAA tournament league and plays an exhibition schedule of tournaments
- The competitive season begins in September and runs through January, with Regional and Provincial Championships in February and National Championships in early March. The team practices three to four times a week (2 hours/practice)
- A team athletic therapist as appointed by George Brown will be present at practices and tournaments, and support personnel must include a minimum of 2 assistant coaches as appointed by the head coach in consultation with the Athletics Department
- Development of program plans (daily practice plans and annual plan) for the technical, tactical, and physical preparation of the team and athletes
- Promotion of the program, identification and recruitment of quality prospective student athletes
- Support the monitoring of the academic advising program that will assist with student athlete retention
- Coordination of a competitive club/high school tournament or other fundraising in conjunction with athletic staff
- Development of an appropriate program to promote positive alumni and community relations
- Budget management and other administrative functions related to the position
- Periodic requirements to drive assistant coaches and players to/from competition
- Complete adherence and compliance with George Brown, OCAA and CCAA policies and procedures
- Must have demonstrated a previous high level of leadership and successful coaching performance
- Minimum five (5) years of coaching experience, preferably with student athletes
- Certified NCCP Provincial Coach Status (old Level 2) required, preferred Level 3
- Proven good relationships with competitive club coaches for recruitment purposes
- Excellent communication skills, motivational abilities, sound administrative skills and commitment to fair play
- Minimum College diploma combined with directly relevant experience
- Must have a valid class G driver’s license and provide a copy of driver abstract
- Must provide a clear police background check
- In accordance with George Brown contract rates.
Deadline for application is May 20, 2016 at 5:00pm. Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, resume and the names of three references to:
Manager, Athletics and Recreation
George Brown College
200 King St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5A 3W8
We thank all applicants for their interest in this contract opportunity at George Brown College, however only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.