McMaster Badminton 2016 Posting.docx
HEAD COACH – BADMINTON
McMaster Athletics and Recreation
The McMaster Marauders seek an experienced, highly qualified and motivated leader to direct its Badminton program. The ideal candidate is committed to leading the program to provincial prominence and focused upon the student-athlete experience. The Marauder Badminton program is a student-funded program that requires a candidate that is administratively focused and able to assist student-athletes with fundraising opportunities.
This volunteer reports directly to the Athletic Operations Coordinator.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include:
· Performing all coaching duties consistent with the management of an excellent varsity program including recruitment and retention of outstanding student-athletes;
· Tactical and technical preparation for games and practices;
· The welfare of the athletes in your supervision. This would include physical, mental, ethical and similar aspects of athletic and academic life.
· The proper conduct of athletes under your supervision in competitions, travelling to and from competitions, at practices, and at any event where the name of the University gives the activity official sanction.
· Continual communication with student-athletes, recruits, and the Athletic Department; mentoring and supporting the positive development of student-athletes.
· Work on the annual budget in conjugation with the Athletics Operations Coordinator.
· Liaise with the Athletic Operations Coordinator and ensuring that proper travel procedures are being met by all athletes.
· Such other duties as deemed necessary from time to time for the continuing benefit of your team and the athletic program e.g. all-star selections, MVP selections, selection of players for other awards, management of assistant coaches, representing the team or university at official functions, recruiting players, scouting the opposition etc.
• Outstanding character, integrity, passion and a commitment to excellence
• Be an excellent communicator with strong teaching and technical badminton skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated team player
• An understanding of the intended delivery model of the badminton program within McMaster Athletics
• Badminton Head Coaching experience is preferred.
• Recruiting and/or other relevant training or teaching related to sport (asset)
• Willingness to volunteer flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Preferred - fully certified NCCP Level 1 (Level 2 preferred) coaching certification and at least 2 years coaching experience at a high performance level (college or university preferred)
• Valid and current police check.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and three (3) professional references by May 18th, 2016 to Derek Szilagyi, Athletic Operations Coordinator, email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.