Position Title : Administrative Assistant
Employment Condition Type : Part-Time
Organization: York District Badminton Association (registered as FBC)
Please submit resumes along with cover letter to:
Federation of Badminton Clubs
Attn: Pandy Chan, President
The Federation of Badminton Clubs (FBC) is registered under the Province of Ontario as a not-for-profit organization that develops and delivers grassroots programs to service the badminton community. FBC is managed by elected volunteer Board of Directors. Our mission is to build a sustainable structure under Badminton Ontario and to bring linkage between all Badminton Clubs. Our immediate mandate is to implement Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) programs utilizing our Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) (1) Grant. FBC also operates as the York District Badminton Association (YDBA).
Description of Position:
The Administrative Assistant will support the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Communications persons. The main responsibility of the role is to support the operation and maintenance of our online platform and presence. To achieve success in this role will also require communication with other vertical divisions to gather information for update to our site.
- The Administrative Assistant reports to the FBC President with oversight by the Board of Directors
- Support the Board of Directors with approval of the President.
- Administer FBC Website and Facebook page.
- Work with Marketing to prepare media communications
- Maintains relationships with community groups, clubs and its members
- Assists with the management of program development, tournaments, special events and budgets
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensure compliance with FBC's constitution
- Carries out the organization's administration requirements to include training schedules, documentation, filings and other related duties as assigned
- Assists with the development of policies, procedures, operating and guidelines
- Attends FBC Board Meetings as needed
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office
- Solid organizational, written, and oral communication skills
Other Attributes and Skills:
- Good event management skills
- Able to travel to various training locations, meetings, events and tournaments throughout Ontario
(1) The Ontario Trillium Foundation is an agency of the Government of Ontario
Add comment on League Admin support.