MEMBER SERVICES COORDINATOR – Badminton Ontario
(Part-Time – 3 Days/Week) – January – August 2017
As part of its long-term growth and member service strategy, Badminton Ontario would like to offer an excellent part time sport administration opportunity for a recent University or College sport management graduate, initially on a three day per week part time basis (with the intent of increasing hours and responsibilities in the future). The Member Services Coordinator provides support to the BON Board of Directors, District members and associations, and BON staff in the following areas of weekly work:
· Management of the BON daily office operations, including responding to information requests, follow up on materials orders, and management of the BON insurance and member database systems.
· Assistance to the BON Bookkeeper in respect to invoicing and financial control systems.
· Support to the BON Board of Directors for monthly meetings and for the management of the association’s Annual General Meeting (May)
· Support to the BON Technical Director in respect to administrative systems for the BON competition circuits and the 2017 Pan Am Junior Championships (July – Markham)
· Support to the BON Communications Contractor for the dissemination of information to members and the public through the BON social media platforms.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
· A recent graduate of a University or College sport administration program
· At least one year of experience in a sport administration and event management environment.
· A track record of working in a volunteer led environment
· Flexibility in time scheduling – this post will require some work on weekends (competitions or meetings).
· An interest in the sport of Badminton is an asset
This position will be based at the Badminton Ontario office in Toronto
This position will average three days per week (24 hours per week) for the duration of the contract – there is an ability to be flexible on the hours and days worked based upon the mutual needs of the contractor and association.
The start date for the contract is January 24th, 2017. The end date for the contract is August 25th, 2017. It is the hope of Badminton Ontario that this position can be extended into a full time post, but this will not be able to be confirmed until the completion of the Ontario Ministry PSO review (May 2017).
Badminton Ontario offers an hourly rate of $17.50 for this position. Please note that there are not any health or other benefits included in this contract. Expenses related to business travel (competitions or meetings) will be covered by Badminton Ontario.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, January 6th, 2017 to:
Ian Moss, President, Badminton Ontario
For further information, please call Ian @ (613) 791-7479