2. Time: 8.30 AM Doors Open/Check In For All Age Group (Please note that start times are estimated and dependent on the number of entries per age group and discipline.)
3. Please read the Regulations in full. There is significant information that all participants should be aware of prior to the start of the tournament.
4. **National and Provincial A,B & C Circuits players with OJRS points are restricted from entering in the event**
5. Age Eligibility:
Under 13 - born 2008 or later
Under 15 - born 2006 or later
Under 17 – born 2004 or later
Under 19 – born 2002 or later
6. For every age group, the year stated is the year of birth. For example, if you turn 19 on or after January 1st 2020, you are eligible to play in the U19 division.
7. The maximum number of athletes for this tournament will be 112
8. The registration deadline will be when the maximum capacity has been reached or March 1st 2020 at 11.59pm (whichever come first). Entries thereafter are deemed late and will only be CONSIDERED on a case by case manner if athletes agree to additional LATE FEES of $30.00.
9. Dress Code:
- Appropriate badminton attire is required, such as non-marking court shoes.
- Protective Eyewear is MANDATORY for doubles and when warming up when there are more than two (2) players on the court (Prescription glasses are acceptable).
10.1 Depending on the number of entries, and the size of the draw, either Main/Consolation Round or Round Robin format will be chosen to ensure maximum play time for all in each event.
10.2 Your placement is reserved solely upon payment receive before March 1st, 2020 and upon form submission on a first come first serve basis. Organizer have right to alter the age groups and/or alter the events.
- Top 3 players in each main draw receive trophy.
- Top 2 players in each consolation draw will also receive trophy.
All winners must collect their prize during the award ceremony on the day of the tournament.
12. Facilities: - 8 badminton courts, nylon shuttles provided. Feather shuttles allowed (provided by players, if both sides agree)
13. Each player must fill out registration and waiver forms and send a copy of each to email@example.com. This e-mail does NOT reserve you a spot, it is for logistics purposes only. Your placement is reserved solely upon payment and upon form submission.
14. Refunds will only be given if request is made before Feb 23rd 2020 less administrative fee of $15. All refunds will be performed a week after the tournament via method of payment.
15. Except for water, NO FOOD is permitted inside the GYM areas, cafeteria must be used.
16. Players failing to report on court within 3 minutes maybe granted a walkover, he/she is automatically withdrawn from the remainder of the tournament.
17. Players may be asked for proof of age (Birth certificate/Passport/Photo ID) and must be available on the day of event.
18. The maximum number of coaches on court at the end of each game shall be two (2).
19. Peel Junior TDBA Challenge will allow athletes to receive advice during a match only when the shuttle not in play. Only at the end of each game.
20. Any Coach wishing to be on the court during competition must REGISTERED with Peel Badminton Club before March 1st 2020 for your coaching pass. Coaching Pass is FREE, a refundable security deposit of $20.00 require on tournament day. (Please provide the right change)
21. Athletic attire, solid color clothing required. Shorts extending below the knee are deemed inappropriate clothing.
22. All main round and consolation round matches will be two(2) out of three (3) games to 21 points with rally point scoring. (NO DEUCE)
23. ONLY main round FINAL MATCHES will be two (2) out of three (3) games to 21 points with rally point scoring extended to 30 points.
24. Players are guarantee three (3) matches.
25. PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO CONSENT:
- By registering for this event, you agree to permit photographs and/or video to be taken of you for uses related to public promotion of Badminton.