2018/19 Rose City Masters Badminton (formerly Windsor Masters)
Venue: St. Clair College 2000 Talbot Rd West
Windsor, ON Old gym use Pool entrance
NOTE CHANGE IN LOCATION
Dates: Oct 26, 27 & 28, 2018
Entry Deadline: October 16, 2018 New age Bracket this year 30+
Parking: Free parking onsite Lot T
Facility: 6 hard wood courts
Events: Men’s and Ladies singles, Men’s and Ladies Doubles, Mixed doubles
Age Groups: 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65. Some events may be combined based on entries.
Age classification will be determined based on your age as of December 31, 2018.
Entry Fee: $15 per event for each event played. Maximum 5 events. Banquet tickets are $40 each, guests and children also $40 each in advance.
Player Card: All players from Ontario are expected to purchase their Competitive A or B cards from Badminton Ontario. If you do not purchase a player card you may still enter by paying a non refundable entitlement fee of $15
Players may enter events in their own age bracket and/or any lower age category.
Each participant is restricted to a MAXIMUM of 5 events, with no more the 2 per discipline.
Format: Main round and consolation. Round robin for draws with low entry numbers-at discretion of the tournament director.
Singles Friday October 26, 2018 4:30 pm to 10:00 pm (4 pm warm up)
Doubles Saturday October 27, 2018 9 am to 6 pm (8:30 for warm up) last game called 5:00 pm)
Banquet Saturday, cocktails(cash bar) @ 6:00 Dinner @ 700 Dancing 830 to midnight.
Banquet: Holiday Inn & Suites 1855 Huron Church Road
Mixed Sunday October 28, 2018 9 am to 2 pm (8:30 warm up)
Any matches not completed on the day scheduled will continue the following morning.
Age group timings will be determined when draws are finalized.
Registration begins 30 minutes before play for the day.
Prizes: Medals and a selection of wine from Coopers Hawk Winery (a local Essex County winery) will be awarded to Winners, and Finalists of all main draws. Consolation winners will also receive a medal and a bottle of wine. Prizes for round robins will be awarded to first and second place only.
WINE MAY NOT BE CONSUMED ON PREMISES DURING THE EVENT OR BANQUET AS WE DO NOT HAVE LICENSE FOR THIS. Modifications maybe made depending on size of entry in an event.
Entry deadline: October 16, 2018 watch for link at Badminton Ontario or email email@example.com (Paul Taylor for link)
Payment: MUST be in made advance to be included in draws. Can be done online through Paypal and tournament software, or through e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Players withdrawing after the deadline will not receive a refund unless a medical note signed by a physician is provided.
Dress Code: Appropriate badminton attire is required.
Protective eyewear is HIGHLY recommended for all doubles matches.
Photography and Video Consent: By registering and participating at this event, you are agreeing to be part of any photographs or videos that will be taken of you at the tournament, for the purpose of promoting the sport
of badminton and/or this tournament.
Holiday Inn & Suites 1855 Huron Church Road, Windsor, ON, N9C 2L6 (location of banquet)
Standard room $139 + HST and fees per night, includes free parking and free WiFI.
Group booking code: BM8 Call 1-800-465-4329 or link https://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd-hotel-packages&brandCode=HI&localeCode=en®ionCode=1&hotelCode=yqgca&_PMID=99801505&GPC=BM8&viewfullsite=true
Comfort Inn & Suites 2330 Huron Church Road, Windsor ON N9E 3S6
Standard Room $129.99 + HST and fees per night, includes free parking, WIFI and breakfast
Booking Code: Badminton Ontario Masters Series
Townplace Suites by Marriott, 250 Dougall Avenue Windsor ON N9A 7C6
Standard Room $149 + HST and fees per night, includes WIFI, parking $15 per car per night.
Booking Code: Badminton Ontario Masters Series
Banquet Meal: Grilled Chicken breast with a lemon garlic butter sauce, Fresh garden salad, seasonal vegetables, pasta with tomato based meat sauce, herb roasted potatoes, rolls and butter, assorted desserts If you require special meals considerations please advise IN ADVANCE.
Release of Liability
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING REGISTRATION PROCESS
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Windsor Master Badminton Tournament and related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE WINDSOR MASTER TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE, The Windsor Badminton Club, and their directors, conveners, officials, agents, sponsors with respect to any and all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property.
5. I hereby give my consent that any pictures and/or videos taken of me in connection with the Windsor Masters Badminton Tournament can be used for publicity and promotion of the tournament, the Windsor Badminton Club and its affiliated events now or in the future, and I waive and forgo my right and entitlement to receive any compensation in regard thereto.
6. I understand the risk of injury and as such, I acknowledge that I am responsible to ensure that I have subscribed to or are enrolled in a health care plan that will see to any and all needs should I become injured. I acknowledge that this is not the responsibility of the tournament host, committee, sponsors, agents, or directors.
By completing the registration, and paying entry fees in full, I agree and understand that I have just entered into a release and hold harmless agreement and fully understand its terms, understand that I may have given up substantial rights by completing the registration process voluntarily and without inducement.