START OFF THE 2017/18 MASTERS SEASON AT
Windsor Masters Badminton
Venue: St. Clair College 2000 Talbot Rd West
Windsor, ON Old gym use Pool entrance
NOTE CHANGE IN LOCATION
Dates: November 3, 4 and 5, 2017
Entry Deadline: October 20 2017
Parking: Free parking onsite Lot T
Facility: 6 hard wood courts
Events: Men’s and Ladies singles, Men’s and Ladies Doubles, Mixed doubles
Age Groups:35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65. Some events may be combined based on entries.
Age classification will be determined based on your age as of December 31, 2017.
Shuttles: Players will be responsible to supply their own shuttles
Entry Fee: $65 for first event and includes banquet ticket. Additional events $15 each. Maximum 5 events. Additional banquet tickets $50.
Ontario players are encouraged to obtain player card from OBA. Non Ontario players will be required to pay a $10 entitlement fee.
Ontario players not purchasing player card will not have results included in rankings for Provincial series and will be required to pay $10 entitlement fee.
Players may enter events in their own age bracket and/or any lower age category.
Each participant is restricted to a MAXIMUM of 5 events, with no more the 2 per discipline.
Main round and consolation. Round robin for draws with low entry numbers-at discretion of the tournament director.
Singles Friday November 3, 2017 4:30 pm to 10:00 pm (4 pm warm up)
Doubles Saturday November 4, 2017 9 am to 6 pm (Gym opens at 8 for warm up)
Banquet Saturday, cocktails @ 6:30 Dinner @ 730 Dancing 830 to midnight.
Banquet: St Clair Center for the Arts 201 Riverside Dr. W. 4th Level International Rooms
Mixed Sunday November 5, 2017 9 am to 2 pm (8:30 warm up)
Any matches not completed on the day scheduled will continue the following morning.
Age group timings will be determined when draws are finalized.
Registration begins 30 minutes before play for the day.
Prizes: A selection of wine from Coopers Hawk Winery (a local Essex County winery) will be awarded to Winners, and Finalists of all main draws. Consolation winners will also receive a bottle of wine. Prizes for round robins will be awarded to first and second place only.
WINE MAY NOT BE CONSUMED ON PREMISES DURING THE EVENT OR BANQUET AS WE DO NOT HAVE LICENSE FOR THIS.
Entry deadline: October 20, 2017 watch for link at Badminton Ontario or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Paul Taylor for link)
Players withdrawing after the deadline will not receive a refund unless a medical note signed by a physician is provided.
Dress Code: Appropriate badminton attire is required.
Protective eyewear is HIGHLY recommended for all doubles matches.
Photography and Video Consent: By registering and participating at this event, you are agreeing to be part of any photographs or videos that will be taken of you at the tournament, for the purpose of promoting the sport of badminton and/or this tournament.
Best Western Plus – Waterfront 277 Riverside Dr West. Windsor, ON N9A 5K4
$129 + HST per night, includes full hot breakfast & WIFI connection. Parking available at city owned lot $12 per day speak with hotel at time of registration)
Group code:“Badminton” Valid until Oct 6, 2017 (after this date based on availability)
Call 1-519-973-5555 or 1-877-973-7829 for reservations
Casino Windsor 377 Riverside Dr. East, Windsor, ON N9A 7H7
$195 + HST per night (resort fee and reservation fee waived) Free parking
Group code:”SWM1102” Valid Until Oct 2, 2017 (after this date regular rates apply)
Call 1-800-991-8888 for reservations
Stonecroft Inn 3032 Dougall Ave. Windsor, ON N9E 1S4
$125 + HST per night Free Parking on site
Group code: “Windsor Masters Badminton” Valid until Oct 6, 2017 (after this date based on availability)
Call 1-519-969-7600 or 1-800-665-6296 for reservations
Banquet Meal: Rolls with butter, salad, pasta, chicken parmesan, beef tips, potatoes, vegetables, dessert. If anyone has a special meal request, please contact me immediately after registration in order that this can be properly arranged. If arrangements are not confirmed by the deadline, special meals may not be able to be accommodated. A bottle of red and white wine will be supplied with dinner. Cash bar for all other drinks.
Windsor International Airport YQG via Toronto (YYZ)
Detroit Metropolitan Airport: DTW-45 minutes from border crossing via I-94 East
Release of Liability
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING REGISTRATION PROCESS
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Windsor Master Badminton Tournament and related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or
participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE WINDSOR MASTER TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE, The Windsor Badminton Club, and their directors, conveners, officials, agents, sponsors with respect to any and all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property.
5. I hereby give my consent that any pictures and/or videos taken of me in connection with the Windsor Masters Badminton Tournament can be used for publicity and promotion of the tournament, the Windsor Badminton Club and its affiliated events now or in the future, and I waive and forgo my right and entitlement to receive any compensation in regard thereto.
6. I understand the risk of injury and as such, I acknowledge that I am responsible to ensure that I have subscribed to or are enrolled in a health care plan that will see to any and all needs should I become injured. I acknowledge that this is not the responsibility of the tournament host, committee, sponsors, agents, or directors.
By completing the registration, and paying entry fees in full, I agree and understand that I have just entered into a release and hold harmless agreement and fully understand its terms, understand that I may have given up substantial rights by completing the registration process voluntarily and without inducement.
REGISTER EARLY, DRAW SIZES MAY BE LIMITED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR TO ACCOMODATE ALL GAMES WITHIN TIME LIMITS