YDBA Ontario Games Team Tryouts
E Badminton Training Centre (100 Duffield Drive, Unit B, Markham ON, L6G 1B5)
November 4-5, 2017
DATE OF OWG: Opening Ceremony March 1, 2018. Competition Dates: March 2-4, 2018
Tryout Entry Deadline and Fees:
Registration deadline and withdrawal date will be October 28, 2017.
Flat fee $40/athlete, $10 administration cancel fee applicable for all tournament withdrawals.
1. Players must be members of an affiliated club in the York District Badminton Association or have a permanent address located within the boundaries of the District in which case Government ID must be shown with the address.
2. Players must have a current Badminton Ontario Competition Player Card.
3. All players must be born in the years 2000 to 2005
4. All players must be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
5. Any U19 players selected by Badminton Canada to represent Canada in any “external’ multi-national event (e.g. World Junior Championships, Junior Pan-Am Championships etc.) whether or not they actually attend the event are ineligible to participate in the 2014 OWG.
6. A player is not eligible to compete in the Games if they have played in the closed badminton championship in any other district, province or country that is just prior to the Games.
Please note that full eligibility requirements will be updated from Badminton Ontario but these are the requirements that the District predicts will be final. If for some reason you do not meet these requirements but wish to tryout please contact Pandy Chan @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Round Robin Pools then Single Elimination Play off.
* Final Format of the tournament will be based on number of entries.
*Two feather shuttles will be provided per match. After which players must supply their own tournament grade feather shuttles.
*Eyewear Participants must wear protective eyewear when more than 2 players on the same court.
The team travelling to the Games will be comprised of 5 males and 5 females along with 1 male spare and 1 female spare who will only travel to the Games if another team member cannot make the Games. Selection of the team is based mostly on the results of this tournament at the discretion of the team coach and manager, in consultation with the YDBA OWG committee
Availability and Commitment:
Please ensure that you are available for both days (Nov 4-5, 2017) of the tryouts.
If you are selected to the YDBA Ontario Games Team, there will be regular team practices that athletes are expected to attend. These will be opportunities for team building in addition to skill development.
OWG Player Fees:
All team members attending the games will be expected to pay a players fee of $140. Alternate Team members do not attend the games, will be expected to pay a players fee of $100. Practice times and team uniforms will be provided for all selected players. For those players travelling to the Games, registration, travel, accommodation and meals will also be provided.
*DRAFT Schedule of Play:
(to be updated after close of entries)
11:00 – Gym opens
11:15 – Play begins
19:00 – End of play
CONTACT for Tournament:
Please email email@example.com
***BONUS: YDBA will sponsor YDBA OWG TEAM to play in FBC Competitive League.