Advert - Communications Contractor - Dec 15.pdf
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
COMMUNICATIONS CONTRACTOR – Badminton Ontario
(Deadline for Submission – December 21, 2015)
Badminton Ontario (BON) is the Provincial governing body for the sport of Badminton in Ontario. As part of its annual programming, BON presents a series of Junior and Senior provincial elite competitions throughout the year (September-April); as well, BON will often host national competitions in partnership with Badminton Canada.
Badminton Ontario wishes to acquire the services of a communications specialist for the primary purpose of preparing and disseminating press releases to regional media outlets throughout Ontario – these releases promote and report on BON elite level competitions. In particular, BON wishes to promote its Junior A Series (7 competitions) and its respective Provincial Championships (3) – in some instances, additional work will include a responsibility for National Championships hosted in Ontario. To support the communications specialist, BON has a staff person who is on site at the competitions, and who can provide results, pictures and, where possible, video and print quotes from athletes.
The preferred candidate will possess the following abilities:
- A proven track record of press release and results reporting for sport (examples of work should be included in the submission);
- An ability to develop and maintain a media contact database for regional and local news outlets in Ontario (especially in the GTA);
- Flexibility in time scheduling – all competitions occur on weekends, and most work will occur on a Sunday afternoon/evening;
- A willingness to attend some competitions (mostly in the GTA area) – the contractor does not need to be in attendance for all competitions.
(Note – travel/meal/accommodation expense will be covered by BON for specific on-site competition reporting as needed).
The contract will be broken into two time periods:
1. January – April 2015 (completion of the 15/16 competition season)
2. September 2015 – April 2016 (full 16/17 competition season)
There will be a performance review after the completion of the 15/16 season,
with the opportunity for an annual renewal of the contract.
Please note that this contract is based upon a “fee for service” proposition – any further time committed to BON beyond the press release “service” will be remunerated on an hourly basis.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a letter of intent (that includes an overview of your experience, and examples of your work), and a costing proposal for your service, to:
Ian Moss, President, Badminton Ontario
For further information, please call Ian @ (613) 791-7479
Deadline for Proposals: Monday, December 21st, 2015