2017-2018 Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program
Draft List of Ontario Card Nominations Announced!
Updated Feb 16, 2018
Badminton Ontario is pleased to announce a draft list of athletes and alternates who have been nominated for Ontario Cards under the 2017-2018 Quest for Gold - Ontario Athlete Assistance Program (OAAP). The athletes nominated were selected using the sport specific selection criteria developed by Badminton Ontario, approved by its Board of Directors and applied by (the) Selection Committee.
Full Card Nominations:
1. Choi, Catherine
2. Ho-Shue, Katie
3. Lai, Jonathan
4. Ng, Talia
5. Sankeerth, Bagalur Rajanna
6. Yang, Brian
Half Card Nominations:
1. Cheung, Jacqueline
2. De Belle, Cara
3. Feng, Stanley
4. Wang, Kevin
Half Card Alternates:
1. Au, Sharon
2. Lee, Rebecca
Please note that this list is unofficial and is subject to change pending the outcome of any appeals and/or any re-selection decisions made by the PSO/MSO Selection Committee or the Quest for Gold Appeals Committee. As a consequence, this list should not be seen as final.
Athletes who have not been nominated and who wish to appeal this decision can do so by following the process set out in the Selection Criteria document.
Athletes not-selected or nominated for “half cards” will be allowed to appeal that decision by filling a “Notice of Appeal” with MTCS. Please note that before an athlete can file a Notice of Appeal, (s)he must first ask BADMINTON ONTARIO for reasons explaining why (s)he was not nominated for a Full Ontario Card. A reminder of the appeals process:
1. Request for Clarification – Prior to submitting a formal Notice to Appeal, athletes must submit a formal Request for Clarification to Badminton Ontario and wait for a response from Badminton Ontario. Deadline to submit the Request for Clarification is February 20, 2018. Badminton Ontario will have a response to Requests for Clarification by February 23, 2018.
2. Notice of Intent to Appeal – If the applicant is not satisfied with the response from Badminton Ontario and wish to submit an appeal to the Ministry, a formal letter of Intent to Appeal (along with a copy of the Notice of Appeal) should be submitted to Badminton Ontario. Badminton Ontario is required to notify the Ministry on who will be submitting an Appeal. Any appeal not on the PSO list will not be accepted by the Ministry.
3. Notice of Appeal – The formal Notice of Appeal should be submitted to the Ministry following the Appeals guidelines.
Grounds for appeals will be limited strictly to issues related to:
· Whether or not the Selection Committee has completed the selection process in accordance with its own published selection criteria and related procedures;
· Whether or not the Selection Committee applied the selection criteria in a manner that was free from bias, discrimination and/or conflict of interest.
Issues related to the specific content or selection requirements contained in the PSO/MSO Selection Criteria are not grounds for an appeal and should therefore be discussed directly with the leadership of the individual PSO/MSO.
QFG 2017-18 Notice of Appeal.docx