UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO FACULTY OF KINESIOLOGY AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION Head Coach, Varsity Blues Badminton The University of Toronto is seeking a candidate to fill the volunteer position of Head Coach for the Varsity Blues Badminton program.
Badminton is in the Blue & White Division of the University of Toronto intercollegiate sport model and operates from October 1st to the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) Championships in February annually.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Intercollegiate Sport – Blue & White Division, the Badminton Head Coach’s key roles and responsibilities include:
Performing all coaching and program management duties consistent with the operation of a successful intercollegiate sport program, including:
- - Student-athlete recruitment
- - Team selection and adhering to compliance protocols
- - Personnel management (Assistant coach, team manager, etc.)
- - Team and individual goal setting - Technical preparation
- - Practice planning and preparation
- - Game strategy
- - Program evaluation
- - Regular contact with athletes
- - Equipment and uniform purchase coordination with Varsity Blues administrative staff
- - Travel and accommodation coordination with Varsity Blues administrative staff
- - Fundraising, budget management, and adhering to the financial policy
- - Adhere to sport technical requirements of the OUA, i.e. technical meeting, coaches meeting, roster forms, etc.
- - University degree, preferably in kinesiology or physical education or equivalent experience.
- - A minimum of 2 years Badminton coaching experience, with OUA, club, provincial, or national team programs
- - NCCP Level 2 certification
- - A valid police reference check
Please send your resume/CV with a cover letter to Kevin Sousa, Coordinator – Events and Blue and White Division Sport via email to email@example.com. The e-mail subject line must read: Badminton Head Coach – ‘Your Name’.
This is a volunteer position that is compensated by an honorarium.
Deadline for application: Wednesday, May 3rd by 11:59pm EST.
Only individualsselected for an interview will be contacted.