HEAD BADMINTON PROFESSIONAL
The Badminton and Racquet Club of Toronto, a vibrant, private athletic and social club in mid-town Toronto, is currently recruiting for a Head Badminton Professional, who is highly motivated and has experience in growing the Club’s adult and junior badminton program. The incumbent must have an energetic, outgoing and dynamic personality.
The Head Badminton Professional’s primary responsibility will be to develop and market its badminton programs and to implement and deliver such badminton services and programs to the Membership in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner.
This position requires that the incumbent provide individual instruction and coaching for members of all ages and abilities. The Head Badminton Professional will be required to set goals including professional development, programming and administration, and will be responsible for the budget, hiring, scheduling, training and coordination of part time badminton coaches.
Member Service and Public Relations:
· To co-ordinate all aspects of badminton i.e. programs, leagues, ladders, round robins, exhibitions and Club tournaments.
· To counsel members on level appropriateness, that best fulfills their competitive and/or social needs, and ensures that new and current members are integrated into such badminton services and programs.
· To organize and attend Club social functions as requested by the Director of Athletics.
· To promote adult and junior badminton programs and optimize participation.
· To maintain effective, efficient and professional communications with members, management and staff.
· To supervise and monitor court bookings for accuracy and fairness.
· To make regular contributions to the B&R newsletter and seasonal sports brochures.
· To ensure that program registration lists are prepared in a timely manner and posted appropriately in the Club.
· To fill in for absentee court bookings as required.
· To develop a year-round calendar of events for approval at the Sports & Activities Committee.
· To attend Sports & Activities Committee, departmental and badminton/racquet-related meetings as required.
· To enlist, encourage and develop volunteer committee support to compliment badminton programs.
· To prepare and be accountable for budgets specifically related to badminton-related responsibilities.
· To liaise with Sports, Administration, Food and Beverage and Maintenance Departments in an efficient and effective manner.
· To ensure club rules and policies are strictly adhered to and to report infractions to the Director of Athletics.
· To process billing and invoicing of badminton services and programs effectively and within set timelines.
Private Instruction and Coaching:
· To teach private lessons, group clinics, junior clinics and camps involving all ages and levels of ability.
· To ensure that the latest teaching methods are employed to provide quality instruction. Careful attention must be given to members' short-term and long-term athletic goals; coaching and adult/junior development must offer progression and encouragement and opportunity for far-sighted goals, yet provide for short-term interest and competitive aims.
· To ensure that all instruction is conducted in a safe & proper manner.
· To attend junior tournaments with juniors competing competitively offering encouragement and teaching to those players.
· To attend Club tournaments.
· To, on an annual basis, maintain personal professional qualifications in badminton as agreed upon with the Director of Athletics.
· To regularly check court conditions and to report any deficiencies or safety concerns to the attention of the Director of Athletics and/or Facilities Manager.
· To budget for repairs and replacements of badminton equipment and facilities with the approval of the Director of Athletics.
· To perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· To abide by Club policies, dress code, procedures, practices and all relevant legislation including health and safety, and prevention of harassment and workplace violence.
· University Degree or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
· Minimum 5 years industry experience.
· Basic First Aid Training.
· Coaching Certification Level III (or Level II plus equivalent experience) in at least one racquet sport.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong leadership, communication, inter-personal and administrative skills.
· Personable, co-operative and enthusiastic.
· Neat appearance and must conform to department dress standards.
· Physically able to perform functions of this job, including: working on your feet throughout your entire shift and working in a hot, humid and demanding environment
· Charismatic, energetic and outgoing
· Customer focused
· Motivating (inspiring)
We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to ensuring fairness and consistency in all of our employment practices. Our work environment respects and supports the productivity, dignity, self-esteem and individuality of every person.
Thank you for your resume. We will only contact those that we believe to have the skills, knowledge and attributes necessary to do the job.
Please forward your resumes by June 15th, 2016:
Eric Baldwin, Director of Member Services & Athletics