Regional Teams – Ontario Games
Regional teams are selected through tournaments held by each District for the Ontario Games. These games are held every two years with the next games in WINTER of 2018.
Please contact your District Representative to find out more about your Regional Team.
Quick Info on the 2018 Ontario Winter Games
1. GENERAL EVENT INFO
· Location: East Bayfield Community Centre, located 80 Livingstone Street East, Barrie, ON L4M 6X9
· Dates: March 1-4, 2018
· Accommodations: All athletes, coaches, managers, and officials will be put up in a host hotel for the duration of the Games, more information to be announced
· Registration: All teams must register and pick up their accreditation and packages, time and location to be announced.
· Transportation: Transportation from the host hotel to the games venue will be provided on each day of competition. The bus will leave the hotel one hour before the first match of the day. All teams must ensure they are on this bus. Failure to board the bus would result in the athletes finding their own way to the games venue. It is the responsibility of each team to find transportation to and from the games from their home city.
· Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided on competition days. Finalized schedule will be available closer to the games.
· Competition schedule: Finalized schedule will be available closer to the games.
2. ELIGIBILITY & ROSTER RULES DURING COMPETITION
· All Teams shall be comprised of five (5) males and five (5) females; one male and female alternative shall be listed on the roster.
· All teams shall have a Coach (Minimum NCCP Provincial Coach Status) and team Manager; alternating genders.
· All participating athletes must be a member in good standing and hold a valid 17.18 season athlete Membership.
· Age qualification of athletes will be classified as U19 under the Badminton Ontario age eligibility guidelines.
o Athlete eligibility for the 17.18 season is as follows:
o U15: born in 2004 or later
o U17: born in 2002 or later
o U19: born in 2000 or later
· Any U19 athletes selected by Badminton Canada to represent Canada in any “external” multi-national event (e.g. World Junior Championships, Junior Pan-Am Championships etc.) whether or not they actually attend the event are ineligible to participate in the 2018 OWG. In the case of any U15/U17 athlete selected as above, each District is permitted to make their own decision on eligibility.
· All teams must submit their roster 60 minutes before the next tie.
· Each tie will consist of nine (9) matches:
o 2 x boys singles
o 2 x girls singles
o 2 x boys doubles
o 2 x girls doubles
o 1 x mixed doubles
· In each tie, all athletes must be listed in at least one event and a maximum of two events.
· In each tie, a team must win a minimum of five (5) matches to win the tie.
· Order of events will be determined by the Referee.
*Official Ontario Winter Games website : http://www.orillia2018.ca/en/index.aspx
Results of the 2016 Ontario Summer Games:
Ottawa & District
Toronto & District
Results of the 2014 Ontario Winter Games:
Ottawa & District
Toronto & District Team 1